A reminder about some major laptop battery recalls over the last year:
- IBM/Lenovo Thinkpad Battery Recall for most 9-cell batteries sold between November 2005 and February 2007, and for batteries manufactured by Sony between February 2005 and September 2006.
- Apple iBook and Powerbook G4 Battery Recall for most batteries sold from October 2003 through August 2006 with specific laptop computer models.
- Dell Latitude, Inspiron, Precision, and XPS Notebook Battery Recall for some batteries sold between April 2004 and July 2006.
- Acer Travelmate Battery Recall purchased between May 2004 and November 2006.
- Toshiba Portege, Qosmio, Satellite, Tecra Battery Recall for specific models.
- HP Mobile Battery Recall for some Pavilion, Presario, and Compaq models.
- Fujitsu Lifebook Battery Recall specific models purchased between June 2005 and October 2006.
- Sony Vaio Battery Recall specific battery models purchased December 2004 through October 2006.
- Gateway Notebook Battery Recall for specific models purchased between September 2005 and October 2006.
The batteries have been identified by the manufacturers as having the potential to catch fire or explode. Although the chances are low, it worth a couple of minutes to click a link above and see if your laptop is affected.[Via: Geeks To Go]